Rooftop walk, Montreal
The Cœur des sciences de l’UQAM is organizing a summer walking tour with a stop at the Centre for Sustainable Development (better known by its French name, Maison du développement durable).
Immerse yourself in some of the city's "highest" greenery:
- the almost fifty-year-old trees on the roof of the Hilton Bonaventure Hotel
- the five-storey living wall that filters the air at the MDD
- the vegetable garden on the green roof of the Palais des congrès
Antoine Trottier, an expert in green roofs and urban horticulture, and horticultural advisor for the TV show, Fermier urbain (Urban farmer) on Radio-Canada, will act as your guide.
This activity, organized with the financial support of the Conférence régionale des élus de Montréal, will be held:
- Friday, July 27 (5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.)
- Sunday, July 29 (10 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Friday, August 3 (5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.)
- Sunday, August 5 (10 a.m. to 12 p.m.)